Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dot's Picks, Week Three

So last week was good for me: I went 10-5 on my picks, which puts me at 20-11 for the season. I'm hanging with the ESPN experts at this point--that's right Schlereth, I'm coming for you! This weeks also marks the equivalent of the Super Bowl for Northern Ohio: that's right, it is Browns-Ravens this week!


Kansas City @ Atlanta
Is this a trick question? Atlanta

Oakland @ Buffalo
I said it last week and I will say it again: the Bills are the real threat to the Pats in the AFC East. Buffalo.

Tampa Bay @ Chicago
Chicago, but only because they are at home. Oh, also because they are playing Tampa Bay. Yeah, that's an important factor as well.

Carolina @ Minnesota
Minnesota ditched QB Tarvaris Jackson, which is probably what I would have done unless 100 year old Gus Frerotte were my back up. I tossed a coin and it said Carolina.

Miami @ New England
The Dolphins will improve, but not this week, despite Joey Porter's comments. Uh, Joey, have you really looked at your team? I have to go with the team that was won 21 regular season games in a row. Patriots.

Cincinnati @ New York Giants
Cincinnati has come up a loser for me twice now. I'm taking the Giants, which means the Bengals will win, so I'm choosing the Bengals, which mean the Giants will win, which means....oh to hell with it. The Giants win.

Houston @ Tennessee
Tennessee, for lack of caring and to prove I can spell Tennessee.

Arizona @ Washington
So Washington beat the Saints last week. I'm not sure what this proves. I will have to take the 'skins at home even though one data point isn't a trend.

Detroit @ San Francisco
Just shoot me. San Francisco

Saint Louis @ Seattle
Saint Louis is awful. Really and truly awful. Seattle is just kinda awful. I will take Seattle.

New Orleans @ Denver
Denver has received its gift win of the season. They will actually earn this one.

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia
The Keystone Klash! Eagles had a short week and a bad loss to the Cowboys. I will take Pittsburgh.

Jackonsville @ Indianapolis
Twice I've picked against Indianapolis, twice I've been wrong. I have to go with Indianapolis but good lord, Peyton Manning isn't going to finish the season if his offensive line doesn't improve.

Cleveland @ Baltimore
Part of me wants to pick Baltimore, but Cleveland needs all the positive energy it can get. I will take Cleveland. I <3 Kit.

Dallas @ Green Bay
Green Bay. I have my reasons, most of which have to do with Tony Romo's inherent creepiness.

New York Jets @ San Diego
How's that Tom Brady knee injury working out for you J-E-T-S fans? Shawne Merriman is out with a bad knee too. You know what that means? San Diego wins, that's what.

No comments: