Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Girls? Football? Bring It On!

Dot Lane Roots For The Browns

We like football. No, scratch that. We *love* football. And we're girls. Go figure right? After all, I went to a college without a football team and the New England Patriots were teh suck when I was young (apart from a Super Bowl appearance in the 90s where they were teh suck, but in front of a billion people so their suckitude was displayed globally and Prince wasn't even on the halftime show that year to at least make me happy I sat through the damn thing). But when you live in New England, well, what are you going to do? You're going to be a Patriots fan and then when Tom Brady comes out of nowhere and plays like a champion *and* looks exactly like what you think the quarterback of your dreams should look like, well, you really sit up and pay attention.

During last season Kit and I kept talking about how great it would be to have a blog where girls talked football because we don't always talk about hair and shoes. I'll let you in on a little secret: we're usually talking about *you* behind your back.

Now, I'm sure you're asking why I'm wearing a Cleveland Browns cheerleading uniform since I love the Patriots so much. Funny you should ask. I'm wearing a Browns uniform as a show of solidarity with Kit, who loves the Browns. And besides, I'm not gorgeous enough to be a Patriots cheerleader, but I should fit right in with the girls of the Browns--short, kinda chubby, sensible shoes. Did I mention that we're gonna talk shit about each other? Yeah, we are. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jim Honey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.