Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dot's Picks, Week 11, Thursday Night Special

Kit and I still have seven games separating us in the prediction standings for what seems like the third week in a row. Thursday night football seems wrong to me, but I suppose I have to go ahead and make my prediction although I won't be doing the entire weekend like that over-achiever Kit. My fantasy team is still in second place although that may change this weekend since number one and number three are head-to-head. My fantasy team is coming back--no byes left, which means a full roster, and some of the injured players are getting healthy again too, although Clinton Portis is questionable against the Cowboys, which would be a big loss for me. I suppose I will have to play Thomas Jones of the Jets in his place, which leads me to tonight's prediction.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots The Pats and Jets are tied for first place in their division at 6-3, which seems a little remarkable, but I suppose the Patriots with a second-string quarterback are as good as the Jets with a future hall-of-famer behind center. So what will happen tonight? Damned if I know. But for the past several years the Jets have been Charlie Brown trying to kick that football, and the Patriots have been Lucy pulling it away every time. I'll stick with the Patriots until the Jets prove they can win in Foxboro.

No comments: