Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dot's NFL Picks Week Seven

Last week was a mixed bag in terms of picks--I mean, how in the hell does St. Louis beat the Redskins? On the other hand, I've taken over the lead in my fantasy football league which means that I will lose this week. There you have it--I'm predicting winners of NFL games while picking against the imaginary team that I actually control. I really need to get some self-esteem.....

San Diego @ Buffalo
Buffalo. LT, where are thou?

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
I just took T. J. Houshmanzadeh out of my fantasy lineup and replaced him with Santonio Holmes. I kinda have to go with Pittsburgh.

Dallas @ St. Louis
This is a tough one. I did not realize that Brad Johnson is 40 years old. He has such a generic name: if you were going to randomly pick a name for a quarterback, "Brad Johnson" would probably be what you would come up with. I'm just babbling because I'm having a hard time deciding but ultimately the Cowboys' running backs on artificial turf make me think Dallas will win this.

San Francisco @ NY Giants
Ah. This is easier. Giants

Minnesota @ Chicago
Chicago.

Tennessee @ Kansas City
Tennessee. They're undefeated. Tennessee

Baltimore @ Miami
Wow. I dunno. Baltimore really can't score points and Joe Flacco is struggling. Miami.

New Orleans @ Carolina
New Orleans baffles me. Having Marques Colston back should help, although he's apparently going to play with a splint and glove on his injured hand. How do I know? I just picked him up off waivers for my fantasy team. Now I'm choosing my receivers pre-injured, to save them the trouble of getting hurt once they're on my roster. Saints.

Detroit @ Houston
Houston won for me last week, and they will win for me again this week.

Indianapolis @ Green Bay
I'll take Indianapolis, with the understanding that Peyton Manning has to put up big numbers for my fantasy team.

NY Jets @ Oakland

Did you know that Al Davis only acquired a majority ownership interest in the Raiders in 2005? Strange but true. Did you know that I have absolutely no interest in this game? Jets, out of pure apathy.

Cleveland @ Washington
Kit was glowing all week over her Browns dismantling the Giants, and on Monday Night Football (do they still call it that? I'm too lazy to check), no less. Clinton Portis, my fantasy league team star is hurting, but should play, so I will go with the Redskins.

Seattle @ Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay. Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte, Jeff Garcia.....Terry Bradshaw is in a dark room stretching while looking at NFL playbooks......Tampa Bay.

Denver @ New England
The Red Sox came back from a 7-0 seventh inning deficit to win 8-7 on Thursday night. Why do I mention this? Because it is the only thing I will have to keep me warm this fall since the Patriots are going to lose to Denver.....

No comments: